1. Our Privacy Philosophy
We value the trust that you have placed in our organization and are committed to prioritizing commitment to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of personal information. Read through this policy so you understand how we use, share and store your data.
2. Our Policy
In this Policy “we” or “us” refers to Ana Health Inc. (“Ana”) and our subsidiaries and affiliates. All services mentioned are services provided by Ana.
“You” refers to anyone who visits our website(s), our customers, and anyone who engages with our mobile application and services. It’s our duty to inform you about what we’re doing with your personal information and why, and ensure you are properly informed so you can give us meaningful consent.
While Ana tries to assist in discussing topics to promote health and confidence, Ana does not give or purport to provide any form of medical advice or medical services. Any medical advice and services must be provided by your treating physician or licensed professionals in accordance with the applicable governing bodies located in your area of residence. Any information provided by Ana is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for advice provided by a qualified health care professional. You are responsible for your own health and safety at all times and should consult with a qualified health care professional for any medical advice or information required.
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means information that can identify an individual directly or is information about an identifiable individual. This does not include information that is used solely for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual in relation to their employment, business, or profession.
By providing personal information to Ana, using our website or mobile application, or engaging with our social media, you are consenting to our use, collection and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Providing personal information or authorizing a third party to disclose personal information to us signifies your consent to Ana’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with this Policy.
You have the right to withdraw your consent from us collecting and using your personal information, but this may limit our ability to provide you with our services or products, if applicable. See below for details around how to withdraw your consent.
4. Types of Information Collected
The type of information that may be collected includes but is not limited to:
- Contact information: including your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number;
- Payment information: including your bank account information, billing address, or other banking and financial information required to complete your order;
- Profile information: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Chat Information: When you post information on a chat, message board or communicate with us about issues, we collect the information you provide.
- Transaction information: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us, including contents and dollar values of any packages for delivery;
- Health information: includes limited gynecologic information including menstrual interval, duration, dates, information about your mood and mindset, and other health information you voluntarily provide;
- Marketing and communications information: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences;
- Computer information: this includes information like device type, device identifier, IP address, MAC address, location, browser type, operating system, duration of use, user behaviour, length of time spent on the services, and frequency of use; and
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us, our employees, or our contractors.
We won’t take more information than we need, and you decide how and what you want to share.
5. Why We Collect Your Information
At Ana, we collect and use personal information for reasons like:
- Health information: to provide you with a log of your menstrual cycle and provide helpful health insights and predictions;
- Fulfillment of orders: to fulfill orders that you have placed with us.
- Business and Mobile Application operations: to administer and protect our business and this Website or Mobile Application, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Marketing and advertising: to be presented on our Website or Mobile Application. We may also administer surveys, contests, draws, raffles, offer tailored content, and other promotional materials to you based on your interests.
- Regulatory requirements: complying generally with all laws and applicable regulatory requirements; and
- Business development and market research: we use data to understand demographics, interests, usage patterns, and other characteristics of customers and to track and analyze trends and patterns.
We will obtain your consent before proceeding with any other purpose not identified in this Policy.
6. How We Collect Your Information
Personal information may be collected in a number of ways, including: through our website, in person, by mail, by email, from our applications or other software, and from third parties whom you have authorized to disclose personal information to us.
If you provide information about a third party or authorize a third party to do so, we will assume you have taken proper measures to obtain informed consent.
We may also collect information through “cookies” on our website. Cookies are small text files inside your computer that contain a unique identifier, allowing us to recognize you when you visit our website again. This helps us tailor our content to meet your needs and for advertising purposes. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
If you post a review, make a comment, or otherwise submit personal information on a public forum such as social media accounts or public forums on our Website, Mobile Application, or other applications, your communications may be viewable by the public.
Ana may share your information with third parties to support Ana with providing our services and products to you and administering our business and for such other purposes as set forth below, including:
- Contractors and affiliates: companies we use for storage, processing, and delivery of services,;
- health care professionals: contractors and affiliates we use for the delivery of services that you have requested;
- Administrative and technical support: including cloud storage providers, IT support, data analytics providers;
- Public media and marketing: including our affiliated media networks and companies we use for public broadcasting, advertising, marketing, public relations, press releases; and
- Financial institutions and payment processors: we do not store your banking or other financial information in connection with the fulfillment of orders, this is shared directly with our third-party financial institution and payment processors as applicable.
We may also disclose personal information in situations where we are legally required or permitted to do so. These situations may include criminal investigations, government tax reporting requirements, court orders, or instances where we believe the rights and safety of others may be at risk.
If you believe that a third party has inappropriately disclosed your personal information to us, please contact that third party directly. If the third party does not sufficiently respond to your inquiries, please let us know immediately.
We make every reasonable effort to keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary. If desired, you may verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information in our records.
Despite our efforts, errors sometimes do occur. Should you identify any incorrect or out-of-date information in your file, we will remedy any such errors on a timely basis. In the event that inaccurate information is mistakenly sent to a third party, we will communicate relevant changes to the third party where appropriate.
9. Protecting Your Personal Information
Our employees and contractors understand the importance of keeping your information private. All employees and contractors are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
To ensure that your personal information is protected, we utilize security safeguards that are on par with the industry standard. We keep electronic files in a secured environment with restricted access and use.
Despite all of the foregoing security measures, online storage and communicating online is not one hundred percent secure. We encourage all individuals to provide only the information they are comfortable with providing a third party, keep watch for communications that are suspicious, report any suspicious activity to us as soon as possible. We as a community can help keep us all safer.
You may withdraw your consent for our use and collection of your personal information at any time, however this may limit our ability to provide services or products to you, if applicable.
To withdraw consent, please contact us at the contact information set out at the end of this Policy. Any withdrawal of consent will apply thereafter and not to information handling practice that have been previously undertaken based on prior consent.
Ana strives to evolve to meet our applicant’s needs and expectations, and that means our services may change and how we offer our products may change. With that in mind, we review our privacy practices from time to time, and our information handling practices may change. If Ana makes a material change to this Policy, we will provide a revised version on our Website and set out the date on which changes were made. Changes shall take effect upon notification of such changes. You may determine when this Policy was last updated by referring to the date found at the bottom of this Policy. If at any point you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, you must not use Ana platform, mobile application, Website or services.
Our Website, Mobile Application, and any of our applications available from our Website or third-party platforms are governed by the provisions and practices stated in this Policy. Our Website and such applications may contain links to third-party sites or applications that are not governed by this Policy. Although we endeavour to only link to sites or applications that share our commitment to your privacy, please be aware that this Policy will no longer apply once you leave our Website or such applications, and that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites or applications. We therefore suggest that you closely examine the respective privacy policies of third-party sites and applications to learn how they collect, use and disclose your personal information.
13. Governing Law
This Policy and all related matters shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable federal laws of Canada.
14. Personal Information Outside of Canada
Personal information provided to our service providers may be stored outside of Ontario and outside of Canada. You acknowledge and agree that, as a result, your personal information may be processed, used, stored or accessed in other jurisdictions and may be subject to the laws of those jurisdictions. For example, information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in other countries.
15. Addressing Your Inquiries and Concerns
We are happy to provide you with a copy of this Policy and to discuss any of its content with you.
Please direct all questions or enquiries about this Policy to:
Privacy Officer, Ana Health Inc.
Last revised Monday, November 8, 2021